Amazon Price : $149As the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, the ATH-M50 is praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. Now, the ATH-M50x professional monitor headphones feature the same coveted sonic signature, with the added feature of detachable cables. From the large aperture drivers, sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals.... More Info
- - Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- - Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- - Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- - Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- - 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring, professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort. Detachable cable
You might also like these products :
- - for Audio-Technica ATH-M50x ATH-M50xMG ATH-M50xRD ATH-M40x ATH-M30x ATH-M70x Professional Studio Monitor DJ Headphones Headset Hard Carrying Travel Case Bag by co2CREA
- - Slappa Full-Sized duro-shock xEVA HardBody Ballistic Nylon PRO Headphone Case with Ultimate Protection SL-HP-99
- - Khanka Hard Headphone Case Travel Bag for Audio-Technica ATH M50 M40X M50X M30x M50xMG Professional Studio Monitor Headphones Headset headphone
- - Hard Carry Travel Bag Case for Audio-Technica ATH-M50x ATH-M50xMG ATH-M40x ATH-M30x ATH-M70x Professional Studio Monitor DJ Headphones by Aproca (black)
- - Antlion Audio ModMic Attachable Boom Microphone - Noise Cancelling with Mute Switch
- - Antlion Audio ModMic 5 Modular Attachable Boom Microphone
- - Slappa Full-Sized HardBody PRO Headphone Case Ultimate Protection for Audio Technica, Beats, Sony + many more
- - Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone, Black
- - Brainwavz Hybrid Memory Foam Earpad - Black PU/Velour - Suitable For Large Over The Ear Headphones
- - NEEWER Adjustable Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand, Compact Mic Stand Made of Durable Steel for Radio Broadcasting Studio, Voice-Over Sound Studio, Stages, and TV Stations
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphones, Black Video
Let me start by saying that these audio technica headphones are amazing. The sound quality is astonishing and the build quality is excellent. You will be hard pressed to find anything else that offers such sound reproduction at this price point.
There are more expensive headphones and there are cheaper ones but these offer something that the others don't. Almost perfect sound reproduction. The bass isn't overpowering and the balance of frequencies is spot on. These are accurate headphones that reproduce the sound as the original artist intended.
Use them in the club, onyour ipod, on your phone...It doesn't matter, they look great, they'r comfortable and they sound amazing. Check them out now.
Check them out now - Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
Question: How does it compare to the Monster Inspiration Active Noise Canceling Headphones?
Answer: These are all-rounded headphones with a good balance in everything. I don't think Audio Technica can be compared to Monster since the latter focuses on only the poundy bass and aesthetics while the former pursues better sound quality and ergonomics. ATH m50x in my opinion, would be better than the Monster.
Question: This model has no battery (replaceable or rechargeable), right? Does it tend to drain the battery of your iPod / iPhone rapidly, to run its processor?
Answer: No battery required. Since using it, I have not noticed any difference with my iPod. It doesn't have a Mic in case you are looking for one.
Question: What is the difference between professional headphones and professional monitor headphones?
Answer: Often, dealers out there tend to use the phrasing interchangeably. Ideally what you want to do is check the website of the company that makes the headphones and verify what type of headphones they are and whether they designed as 'Closed-Back' or 'Open-Back' You'll then want to investigate consumer experiences with these headphones to help get your grasp on what to purchase.
When a headphone is claimed to be 'Monitors' it's basically saying we can use these headphones during live studio recordings and listen to our own playback with accuracy and minimal emphasis on the frequency spectrum of the human hearing.
Closed-Back type headphones (along with In-Ear Monitors) are often used in live sessions to help prevent microphones from picking up the sound leakage that regular headphones may give out. This is the primary reason you'll never see an 'Open-Back' designed set of headphones during a recording session as the mics will easily pick up sound leakage from these headphones plus the inability to even listen to your own playback during a recording if there's nothing to block out sound.
'Open-Back' types are sometimes used during post-recording to get more perceived instrumental separation during the track mixing stage of audio production but even Closed-Back types does a good enough job to get it all done.
You'll just have to dig a bit deeper for information on any headphones you shop for as their descriptions can sometimes be misleading. Take Dre's "Studio Headphone" for example. Even though it's labeled as such, it's a complete marketing gimmick since the headphone actually exhibits a ridiculous amount of emphasis on the bass spectrum. This make everything you record sound utterly bass heavy when the original input didn't output such a strong bass to begin with. Thus, it is not accurate. This completely throws the EQ settings off by a large amount where you'd be hard pressed to turn down the bass levels during mixing. If you were to play this mix back on the loudspeakers, you'll find that the final product is terribly weak on bass.
So always dig deeper before you buy headphones in this price range.
Check them out now - Audio-Technica ATH-M50x